Springtime provides a renewed energy and focus as the sun shines for longer and the birds start to sing. Often, people use this energy to tackle projects they have neglected during the long winter months.
Below is a checklist of items you may want to add to your spring “to do” list:
- Clean out closets.
- Separate items into piles to keep, discard and donate.
- Wash windows inside and out, including window sills.
- Vacuum or wash draperies and blinds.
- Move furniture and vacuum underneath and behind it.
- Clean light fixtures and ceiling fans. Dust baseboards and light switches.
- Change batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean out medicine cabinets and discard expired medications.
- Check first aid kits and replace expired items.
- Spot clean walls and vents.
- Clean appliances.
- Vacuum and rotate mattresses.
- Clean carpets.
- Schedule an inspection of heating and cooling systems.
- Clean out garages and sheds.
- Clear away leaves and other dead foliage from lawn and flower beds.