As you know, the flu season has begun. Below are steps you can take to control the spread of the flu virus:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in trash after you use it.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol based hand cleaners are also effective.
- Try to avoid contact with sick people.
- Stay home from work if you do get sick, and limit contact with others so you don't infect them.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
- Don’t share beverages, utensils or other personal items.
- Get adequate sleep, at least 7 hours a night.