ManorCare Health Services – North Hills met the company’s stringent criteria to become the first certified Arcadia program in the company. Arcadia is a specialized service that is focused on quality of life for patients with Alzheimer’s Parkinson’s, vascular dementia, Lewy Body dementia or Frontotemporal dementia. ManorCare – North Hills had to meet specific criteria to be designated as an Arcadia facility. some of these include:
- Consistent staffing throughout the unit for continuity of care
- Unit director experienced in Alzheimer’s and related dementias
- Consulting physicians with geriatric expertise
- Team members that receive specialized education on memory care
- A focus on reducing hospital re-admission which can be very stressful on the resident.
“Our Arcadia memory care units provide a safe, secure and homelike environment with programming focused on preserving abilities and promoting self-esteem. A place staffed by trained professionals that is welcoming and supportive of families. Arcadia provides a continuum of care which affirms the dignity of the individual and recognizes that each person has unique needs,” stated Mark Gloth D.O., Vice president and Chief Medical Officer.”
“We are excited to introduce Arcadia to the North Hills, PA community so we can provide patients with a comfortable and safe memory care program. I look forward to launching this service in many more markets this year,” stated Marty Grabijas, Vice President, Sales and Marketing.