Heartland-ManorCare's three dimensional virtual reality therapy system is designed specifically for the functional rehabilitation of aging adults and others with physical limitation. Patients are actively engaged which helps stimulate the therapeutic movements and improve activities such as balance, reaction time, reaching walking and swallowing.
Virtual reality may benefit in the treatment of:
- Poor balance
- Impaired gait
- Problems related to stroke
- Neuromuscular control
- Problems related to joint replacement and other orthopedic conditions
- Low endurance or strength
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty walking or sitting upright
- Loss of flexibility or movement
- Dysphagia (swallowing difficulty)
- Motivating patients to exercise harder and longer
- Helping patients overcome fears and push past perceived barriers
- Addressing strength, balance, mobility, gait, endurance and cognitive function
Learn more about the virtual reality therapy offered in our skilled nursing centers here.