What steps can I take to combat arthritis pains? For arthritis relief you can:
- Outfit your home with tools to take the pressure off your joints – grip bars in your shower, easy grip jar and bottle openers, etc.
- Get plenty of sleep (8-10 hours a night) for your body to rest, heal and provide energy to reduce fatigue that sometimes comes with arthritis.
- Eat foods high in vitamins and minerals. This can help you lose or maintain weight, which will take pressure off your joints.
- Ask your doctor if there are any supplements or vitamins you could take to help with arthritis pain.
- Stay active – the flow of nutrients and oxygen to the joints is reduced with immobility.