How can you avoid health problems in the warm weather?
- Stay hydrated!
- The greatest risk for sunburns is at noon. The hottest time of the day is 3-4:30 p.m. Plan your outdoor activities accordingly.
- Stay away from alcoholic or caffeinated beverages.
- Sports drinks can help restore nutrients in your body and fight dehydration.
- Try to stay in the air conditioning if at all possible.
- If you go outside, wear a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher.
- Wear lightweight and light-colored clothing.
- Do not do any heavy lifting or other laborious tasks during the hotter parts of the day.
- Thoroughly wash any skin that comes into contact with citrus fruit juice before heading outside or you may develop phytophotodermatitis with sunlight exposure.